Establishment of the Legal Division with the appointment of Legal Manager & the recruitment of 2 recoveries officers, with there following core functions;
- Improved enforcement of recoveries directly and indirectly through legal and face to face meeting processes as reflected in an increase in recoveries especially with long outstanding debts,
- Review of past, current and proposed agreements & contracts for land sales and leases, markets & other investment options,
- Working together with the Office of the Attorney General in dealing with other legal matters affecting the Corporation,
- Continue to improve debt recovery methods and approaches in order to reduce arrears to a substantial amount,
- Continue to improve team work and spirit to harvest better rewards for SLC and maintain healthy relationships with the community.
- Applied Therapeutic Counselling – Dealing with various forms of complaints directly or indirectly relating to the use of land anticipating positive and effective resolutions to better benefit the people and the properly utilise these lands.